Sometimes as soon as my family members goes on roadway trips, we pass the moment by playing the Alphabet Game. This is where you choose a category and also list miscellaneous in that group for every letter of the alphabet.
Want to conserve this blog post? go into your email below and we"ll send the write-up straight to your inbox!
For instance, movies – A is for Aladdin! B is for earlier to the Future! You obtain it.
You are watching: Food that starts with the letter v
But freshly we were doing food, and also no one might think of any kind of foods that begin with V. Ultimately we got Vanilla, yet we were pretty stuck after that. Therefore I made decision to perform my research so the I can beat everybody at the game next time!
And to share mine knowledge, I’ve compiled this perform of twenty foodstuffs that start with V. From the apparent – veggies, to new things favor Vindaloo and Vol-Au-Vent; a tasty French pastry.
20 foodstuffs That start With V
20 foodstuffs That begin With V
So without more ado, below are some fun facts around the most well-known foods that begin with V.
1. Valencia OrangeValencia oranges room sweet summer oranges called after Valencia, Spain. However, they in reality come native Florida!
The finest thing about Valencia oranges is that they space super juicy, good for juicing her morning OJ, or simply enjoying as a luscious snack.
2. Valerian RootValerian is an herb that originates in Europe and Asia. It have the right to be drunk as a tea or taken in capsules to aid you sleep far better at night. The flower are also a tasty lunch for butterfly and also moth larvae.
3. VanillaDid you recognize that vanilla comes from orchids? I had no idea until researching because that this article. Yet it’s yes, really!
The pods room harvested and also turned right into the lovely flavoring that we all use for baking!
4. VealI constantly get veal and venison puzzled when I’m bespeak food. I’ll obtain to wild in a minute, for now let’s talk about veal.
It’s essentially beef yet it comes from a calf quite than a get an impressive cow, and it has a milder flavor compared to beef because of the age and diet the the calves.
5. VegetablesWe every know and love veggies! Well us at the very least all know about them… Broccoli, corn, eggplant, peppers. There room so plenty of different type of veggies!
Want to conserve this blog post? get in your email below and also we"ll send the write-up straight to your inbox!
It’s in reality surprising the they are called the same thing through how various they space from every other. That would think the a carrot and also a pea had actually anything in common!
6. VelveetaAh cheese. Cheese is mine favorite type of food, even Velveeta!
If you’ve never ever tried it, Velveeta is a cheese comparable to American cheese. It’s smoother and softer than continual cheddar, and is an excellent for making nachos in ~ home.
It likewise comes in a spray can, perfect because that squirting onto some crackers for simple and solve snack.
7. Velvet BeansVelvet beans are legumes native to Africa and also tropical Asia. The is frequently used as fertilizer for other crops, or to feed animals, however locals in Indonesia additionally eat that themselves.
Be careful though, the bean pods have a hairy lining that can make you terribly itchy!
8. VenisonNow to define venison. It’s not calf meat, however is in reality meat from game animals such together elk, deer, or antelope.
It has a flavor that is memory of beef yet is finer in texture and usually uses leaner cuts. It is also greater in moisture and protein than beef, for this reason it’s extra healthy and balanced for you.
9. VermicelliVermicelli is a round, long noodle choose spaghetti. In Italy the is usually thicker than spaghetti, and in Asia it’s thinner. In Vietnam it’s usually the exact same as angel Hair pasta.
Now you recognize what to expect on your following dinner date, no issue what kind of cooking you’re eating!
10. VermouthVermouth is a wine the has had its ABV boosted by an additional alcohol and also flavored with botanicals. The is most commonly used in Martinis and also Manhattan cocktails for a small boost the flavor.
11. VichyssoiseVichyssoise is a soup that originates in France. It’s a creamy soup made of boiled and also puréed leeks, onions, potatoes, cream, and also chicken stock.
It is usually served cold. Legend has actually it that the present king the France to be afraid to be poisoned and had all his servants taste his soup, for this reason by the moment he received it, it to be cold!
12. Victoria PlumsThe Victoria plum is an egg-shaped English plum that has actually red, mottled skin and yellow flesh. Shot it in mid-to-late September for a sweet and juicy treat.
13. Victoria Sponge CakeIf you’re as obsessed v The good British Bake-Off as I am, then probably you already know the difference between a Genoise Sponge Cake and a Victorian.
A Genoise recipe has the baker to win the eggs totality while making the batter, whereas a victor asks you come mix the egg whites separately and fold castle in, making a softer, lighter sponge.
14. Vienna SausageVienna Sausage, or Frankfurters, are small, German sausages that typically come canned. They space made native a combination of beef and pork and smoked in ~ a short temperature. Sounds great to me!
15. VindalooVindaloo is a form of Indian curry do from caramelized onions, curry paste, coconut milk, vinegar, ginger, chilies, jalapeno, garlic, chickpeas, lentils, and also other spices choose garam masala, salt, pepper, paprika, and turmeric. Ns don’t know around you, yet my mouth is watering.
16. VinegarVinegar is essentially fermented ethanol, although that is no alcoholic. The is however antimicrobial, therefore you have the right to use the not just in food preparation but additionally in cleaning your house!
17. VlaVla is a netherlands custard-like dessert do from milk, cornstarch, eggs, and sugar. Plus, the enhancement of any flavorings you could like, such as chocolate. It’s smooth and also rich and also just the right amount that indulgent.
18. VodkaAh yes, my great friend Vodka. Ns love a Vodka soda ~ a lengthy week.
See more: An Impressionist Painting Of A Pond Full Of Waterlilies Is Unmistakably The Work Of
Vodka is frequently made indigenous potatoes, yet can additionally be made from an easy sugar.
It originated in Russia and Poland and is traditionally drunk with small plate food dubbed ‘zakuski’ – think Russian tapas.
A Vol-Au-Vent is a small hollow case of puff pastry commonly made by producing a stack of ring-shaped pastry on optimal of a disc-shaped piece, kind of favor a basket.
As girlfriend may have guessed indigenous the name, it comes from France, and also is generally filled v chicken or fish and also served together an appetizer.
20. Vori VoriOriginating native Paraguay and North-East Argentina, Vori Vori is a special yellow soup made through balls that cornmeal, corn flour, chicken broth, and cheese. It sound a little weird, but if you think that it together chicken and also dumpling soup, I’m certain it’s delicious!
Foods That start With N21 foodstuffs That begin With R20 foods items That begin With EFoods That begin With C22 foodstuffs That start With U30 foods That begin With S